Comment on page
Effective date: September 24, 2021
Information about Ellipsis Drive
Ellipsis Drive is a company headquartered in the European Union (EU) that provides software as a service (SaaS) which makes it easy for Our users to activate, share and sell spatial data across organisations and professionals groups.
Personal Data Collected by Ellipsis Drive
The Personal Data We collect depends on whether the individual is:
1. A visitor to the Ellipsis Drive Site; or
2. A user (the “User”) of Ellipsis Drive Software.
Personal Data collected from a visitor of the Ellipsis Drive Site
This section applies to Personal Data Ellipsis Drive collects from visitors to Our Site (ellipsis-drive.com) or any of Our sub-sites or sub-domains.
Most of the personal data that we collect is provided by you directly. We collect data and processdata when you:
● Register online in order to make use of our product.
● Leave your details in order to receive additional information.
● Voluntarily complete a customer survey or provide feedback on any of our message boards or via email.
● Use or view our website via your browser’s cookies.
When someone visits the Ellipsis Drive Site, We may store the website they visited Us from, the parts of Our Site they visit, the date and duration of the visit, and information from the device (e.g. device type, operating system, screen resolution, language, country You are located in, and web browser type) used during their visit. We process this usage Data to facilitate access to Our Site (e.g. to adjust Our Site to the devices that are used).
We temporarily store IP addresses of visitors to Our Site for associated performance metrics (i.e. data related to how well Our Software performs on Our Site) and to monitor and track application errors. We will never access these IP addresses without any operational or security need. We automatically delete these IP addresses within thirty (30) calendar days. The legal basis for this data processing is Article 6(1)(f) GDPR.
We also process usage Data in an aggregated or de-identified form for statistical purposes and to improve Our Site.
How we use your data
Our Company collects your data so that we can:
● Offer you Ellipsis Drive software and manage your account.
● Improve your experience as a User of our software and visitor of Our Site.
● Contact you with information we expect is relevant for you.
When Ellipsis Drive processes your payments, we may send your data to, and also use the resulting information from, credit reference agencies to prevent fraudulent purchases.
● Operate Our Site.
● Operate Our software.
● Provide visitors to Our Site and Our product with a better experience by providing Us withinsights on how visitors use them.
● For marketing purposes.
Types of cookies we use
There are a number of different types of cookies, however, our website uses:
● Necessary - Ellipsis Drive uses these cookies to offer you the best possible experience when accessing and navigating through our website and using its features. For example, these cookies let us recognize that you have created an account and have logged into that account.
● Functional – Ellipsis Drive uses these cookies so that we recognize you on our website and remember your previously selected preferences. These could include your username andlocation you are in. A mix of first-party and third-party cookies are used.
● Analytical – Ellipsis Drive uses these cookies to enable us and third-party services to collect aggregated data for statistical purposes on how our visitors use the website (e.g., the content you viewed and the links you followed). These may also gather information about your browser, device, and your IP address. These cookies do not contain personalinformation such as names and email addresses and are used to help us improve your user experience of the website.
How to manage cookies
You can set your browser not to accept cookies. For this navigate to ‘cookie settings’ upon landing on Our Site. You are also able to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
Contact us via email
Visitors to Our Site have the opportunity to contact Us to ask Us questions, for example via the contact form, where We ask for contact information (e.g. name, email address , and organization). We use this data solely in connection with answering the queries We receive.
If a visitor to Our Site receives emails from Us, We may use certain analytics tools, to capture data such as when the email is opened or when any links or banners in the email have been clicked. This data helps Us to gauge the effectiveness of Our communications and marketing campaigns.
The legal basis for this processing is Article 6(1)(f) GDPR.
If you have agreed to receive marketing (e.g. by signing up for our newsletter), you may always opt out at a later date. You have the right at any time to stop Us from contacting you for marketing purposes. If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please send an email to [email protected] or click ‘unsubscribe’ in the email you received.'
Personal Data collected from Ellipsis Drive Users
This section applies to Personal Data Ellipsis collects from Users of the Ellipsis Drive.
When someone signs up for an account with Ellipsis Drive, contacts Our team for assistance, or subscribes to Our newsletter or special offers, We may ask for additional Personal Data such as their name, email address and the organization they represent.
We temporarily store IP addresses of Our Customers and Users of Our Software for associated performance metrics (i.e. data related to how well Our Software performs) and to monitor and track application errors. We will never access these IP addresses without any operational or security need. We automatically delete these IP addresses within thirty (30) calendar days. The legal basis for this data processing is Article 6(1)(f) GDPR.
A User may request Us to delete their Ellipsis Drive account at any time. After account deletion, We may retain Personal Data (in part or in whole) associated with the User in order to meet any regulatory and reporting requirements for the timeframes stipulated by law and in order to be able to address customer service issues. Any other Personal Data We were processing relating to Our Users of that Ellipsis Drive account will be deleted permanently within thirty (30) calendar days.
We may use Personal Data and other Data about Our Users (including demographic information, location information, information about the computer or device from which they access Our Software) to create de-identified and aggregated information and analytics. The legal basis for this data processing is Article 6(1)(f) GDPR.
The information We collect from Our Customers and/or Users is disclosed only in accordance with the Agreement and the Applicable Law.
Your data protection rights
Ellipsis Drive would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
The right to access – You have the right to request Ellipsis Drive for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
The right to rectification – You have the right to request that Ellipsis Drive correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request Ellipsis Drive to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
The right to erasure – You have the right to request that Ellipsis Drive erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that Ellipsis Drive restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to Ellipsis Drive’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to data portability – You have the right to request that Ellipsis Drive transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
Privacy policies of other websites
How to contact us
How to contact the appropriate authority
Should you wish to report a complaint or if you feel that Ellipsis Drive has not addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner, you may contact the Information Commissioner’s Office.